Monday, March 17, 2003

Darby O'Pettit and the Little People

Happy St. Patrick's Day, everybody!


If you're not wearing green today, consider this my personal pinch on your cheek (I'll leave it up to your discretion and imagination exactly which cheek).


Yes, it has been a very long time since my last update. Remember how I said I wanted to wait until I had something interesting to write about? How I wanted quality over quantity? Well, that's all out the window. Nothing's happened, and this is going to be just as long and boring as all the others I'm sure. I'm just lonely and want to talk to people, even if it is complete nonsense. So there. Yes, I know, I'm pathetic.


2/10 - I had a celebrity sighting! Clint Howard, Ron's not-so-attractive brother. There I was, waiting in line at a burrito joint with Gentle Ben! Oh wait, was Ben the bear? I can never remember. Anyway, I didn't harass him or anything. I'm still waiting for the perfect celebrity for me to accost in some embarrassing way. The next day, I saw Jay Leno, but it wasn't the same. I was driving by this car enthusiast store and saw an antique convertible (?) fire engine. I don't know if it was actually a convertible, but it definitely didn't have a roof. Anyway, as I looked over I saw it was Leno at the wheel. Apparently he was showing off his new toy to other car buffs or something. I heard later that he talked about driving it on his show the next night. So, my celebrity sightings so far are pretty lame, but I'll work on it.


2/22 - Earthquake!!! This was definitely the highlight of the past month. I'd been waiting and hoping for an earthquake while I was here, and finally I got one. It was a magnitude 5.4 that hit about 80 miles east of town at 4 in the morning. My bed started shaking and woke me up in the middle of the night (I'll let you insert your own jokes here), and I immediately knew what it was. The doors on my closet rattled for about a minute. I was so excited, but I didn't know if I should go wake up Marie or not, but fortunately she came out of her room not long afterward. Her reaction to the quake wasn't quite as joyful as mine, but things were still cool. No one was injured, and property damage was pretty minimal, restricted pretty much to just around the epicenter. Oh well, maybe next time.


3/2 - We have new additions to our little home. Marie and I are now the proud parents of two little boy kittens. They're both very cute and playful, as kittens should be. When we first got them, they were suffering from a cold, so it was very funny to hear these miniature sneezes from behind the couch or something. They are both black and white. One is mostly white with black splotches, that's Rorschach. The other is mostly black with white splotches, that's Oscar. Oscar has pretty cool markings on his face that make him look like a skunk, but Marie wouldn't let me name him Skunk, or Smelly Pete, or Pepe Le Mew (he kinda looks like the cat in the cartoons after having been altered to look like a skunk). Anyway, they like to 'rassle a lot, so it's just like a furry ball of yin-yang rolling along the floor. I do have some pictures, but I haven't had them developed yet. I'll put them on my site when I have.


3/6 - They've stopped doing the news at the Transcription Company, which is really a drag for me since that's all I did. I have been able to work on other projects, some of them even fairly interesting, like transcribing the commentary track for the 3rd season Simpsons DVDs. Unfortunately, the commentaries are really pretty lame, especially when you can't hear the sound of the actual episode they're commenting on. So, what does this mean for our intrepid hero? Well, basically I've finally broken down and decided to get a real job. It stinks. Of course I'll do my best to get something in the industry, but paying the bills and keeping food on the table will have to take priority. Drag. I'm really bummed about it, but oh well.


I thought I had one or two more interesting stories to tell, but I can't remember them at the moment. Oh well, I guess they couldn't have been that good then. I'll do my best to make sure the next update is far more entertaining and uplifting. I hope everyone has a fantastic St. Patrick's Day! I'll talk to you soon.


Greg


Movie Quote Challenge:


Number 1: "If they can dye the river green today, why can't they dye it blue the other 364 days of the year?"


Number 2: "I like being a pessimist. It helps me deal with my inevitable failure."


Movie Quote Answers:

Mary Felder was the first to correctly identify both quotes.


Number 1: The Fugitive, by Jeb Stuart and David Twohy

Number 2: The Brothers McMullen, by Ed Burns


Better luck next time, have a great week!


Greg

No comments:

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks