Of course, by now this is old news, but I'm very excited about it anyway. I'm a huge Indiana Jones fan, and despite everything, I'm still really looking forward to seeing this.
Now onto my criticisms.
- Wow, Harrison Ford looks old.
- Roswell? Really? Geez, as if that event hasn't been played out enough. However, I do like the idea of tying it to the Maya and the theory of the Ancient Astronaut.
- Cate Blanchett = awesome.
- It looks like Spielburg has changed his style for these movies, and I don't like it. Not one bit. There were a lot of overhead shots, which really breaks from the more traditionally shot previous films.
- The CGI bothers me a lot, too. That's gotta be Loony Lucas' influence. The grandeur of Raiders comes from scenes where they really crashed a giant Anubis statue through an Egyptian wall. What's awe-inspiring about watching people mug in front of a green screen? Hopefully, in the next few months of post-production they can make it look more realistic.
- So I guess the kid is going to be Indy's son. I'm okay with that, but I have trouble understanding how he wouldn't have been there for him. It seems quite out of character for Indy to either be a deadbeat dad or to not know he had a son.
- The trailer has a pretty comedic tone; I can only hope that the majority of the movie isn't played for laughs.