Friday, January 29, 2010

Holy Toledo!

Well, I had an entirely different post planned for today, but circumstances have changed. That's all right, I still had some photos to locate for that one anyway.

So, you may remember that I was part of a nationwide competition to win/promote the new Ford Fusion. It was called Fusion 41, and there were eight teams of five members. The team leader was invited to the contest because she had purchased one of the first Ford Fusion Hybrids, and if our team won, Ford would pay off the rest of the car. Everyone else on the winning team would get free gas for a year. Plus, every person in the competition would be put in a drawing to win their own Fusion.

Well, we didn't win. We came in third, which isn't too bad. They gave us a car for the competition that we had to do all sorts of crazy tasks in and around as each member drove. It was fun, exhausting, frustrating, and exciting. You can see some of our videos on the Ford site and the Facebook pages.

Anyway, a couple of days ago I received an email from one of the marketing people. She thanked us all for our participation, and said a special present was on its way to each of us. Today, I received mine...

I got an iPod Touch!!!

I can't believe it! That's so cool! Sure, a phone might be nicer, but this is perfect for me right now. I can't wait to try out all the crazy gizmos and gadgets on it. My wife already refers to my iPod as my "girlfriend" because I have it with me pretty much constantly. Wait until she sees me with this thing!

My birthday is Monday; what a fantastic surprise present!

No comments:

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks