Tuesday, December 11, 2007

One More in the Universe

Crap! How did this happen already? I have about three posts (in my head), and yet it's been a week since my last one. DAMMIT! How in the world do I learn the habit of posting every day? Sigh.

All right. Well, this isn't the post I meant to put out, um, last Friday, but that one will have to wait I guess. I want to do movie reviews, but I'm having trouble getting the graphics together for what I want. It shouldn't be that hard-- mainly I just want to put stars right under the title reflecting my review. But I haven't found stars I like and my HTML skillz are much lacking. (Speaking of which, I would really like to get rid of that red box around my Netflix movies and left-align them. But that's a different story.) Additionally, I'd really like to have widgets that not only linked to Roger Ebert's and Rotten Tomatoes' sites, but also reflected their rating. Bah. I don't think what I want would be too difficult, but I'm burdened by my nearly Neanderthal comprehension of all things Web. Tomorrow I'll put up a rough version that says stuff like "If I were cool, here's where the cool graphic link would be."

Anyway, none of that has anything to do with today's topic. I'm a big Beatles fan, and I really liked the movie Across the Universe. I liked the choreography and I liked the arrangements (mostly) of the songs they used in the movie. One that particularly struck me was "Help" "I Want to Hold Your Hand" as sung by the character Prudence (T. V. Carpio). The slower tempo and the specifics of the character really changed the meaning of the song, which I thought was great.

Now, the character of Prudence actually plays a very minor role in the movie. Her sub-plot almost seems "tacked on" because there's so little of it. However, the other day an early Beatles' tune popped up on my iPod, and all I could think about was how perfect it would have been for her character to sing. I don't know if it would be necessary for a tempo change (although it wouldn't hurt), but the lyrics fit seamlessly. If they originally had more about the Prudence character, I can't imagine that they didn't use this song.

So, here's my prediction: THIS SONG WILL APPEAR IN THE DELETED SCENES.

So, what's the song? You've Got to Hide Your Love Away Lyrics reproduced here until I find a way to embed the song.

Here I stand head in hand
Turn my face to the wall
If she's gone I can't go on
Feelin' two-foot small

Everywhere people stare
Each and every day
I can see them laugh at me
And I hear them say

Hey you've got to hide your love away
Hey you've got to hide your love away

How can I even try
I can never win
Hearing them, seeing them
In the state I'm in

How could she say to me
Love will find a way
Gather round all you clowns
Let me hear you say

Hey you've got to hide your love away
Hey you've got to hide your love away

1 comment:

D-W-P said...

Prudence sings "I Wanna Hold Your Hand", not "Help".

Loser.

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks